1500 Hill Center I
1874 Scarth Street
Regina SK S4P 4E9
Bob Kasian has broad experience in commercial and residential real estate, with a focus on the negotiation and completion of transactions involving commercial, industrial, hospitality, recreational and residential properties. Bob’s clients include developers, financial institutions, property owners, private lenders and investors. His practice covers all aspects of real estate development including acquisitions and sales, subdivisions, satisfaction of municipal requirements on development projects, construction, financing, leasing and condominium development.
Bob has acted on the development, acquisition and secured financing of apartment complexes, condominium projects, hotel properties, nursing and assisted-care facilities, and other commercial properties in Saskatchewan.
- Acting for the lender to a publicly traded mining company on a $30 million credit facility secured principally by the borrower's mineral holdings.
- Acting for the anchor tenant in the negotiation of a 40,000 square foot office lease in an office tower to be constructed.
- Acting for a Real Estate Investment Trust on the purchase and financing of various office and commercial buildings in Saskatchewan for an aggregate purchase price of over $50 million.
- Acting for a Real Estate Investment Trust in the acquisition and financing of a retail shopping centre in Saskatoon for a purchase price of $185 million.
- Acting for the purchaser for the acquisition, financing and development of multiple assisted living residences having an aggregate value of approximately $223 million.
- Acted for the seller on the $50 million sale of a Saskatoon Class A office tower.
- Acting for the purchaser on the purchase and financing of a multi-residential complex in Saskatoon for $19 million.
- Acting for a natural resource company on a $12 million private equity financing secured by borrower’s mineral holdings.
- Acting for a developer in the acquisition of a portfolio of apartment buildings in Saskatoon, North Battleford and Regina and the subsequent conversion of the buildings into condominiums having an aggregate value of approximately $40 million.
- Regina Chamber of Commerce – Director
- Regina Trades & Skills Centre – Director (since 2012)
- Information Services Corporation of Saskatchewan – Member, Legal Advisory Committee (since 2011)
- Law Society of Saskatchewan, Real Estate Committee – Member (since 2010)
- Canadian Condominium Institute, North Saskatchewan Chapter – Director (2008-2011)
- CBA Saskatchewan BarNotes – Editorial Board (2007-2011)
- Kamloops Bar Association – President (2004-2005)
Papers & Presentations
- "Title Insurance in Real Estate Transactions", Focus on Real Estate, Law Society of Saskatchewan (October, 2012).
- "Investing in Farmland", Global Ventures Vol. 3, No. 4 (July/August, 2011).
- “Acquiring Surface Rights Under The Surface Rights Acquisition and Compensation Act”, in BarNotes Vol. XXIV, No. 3 (Spring 2010).
- “Recent Developments in Condominium Law”, Real Estate Institute of Saskatchewan, Annual General Meeting (2010).
- “Foreign Ownership Restrictions Under The Saskatchewan Farm Security Act”, Canadian Bar Association, Business Law North Subsection (2010).
- “Liability of Property Owners Under Saskatchewan Environmental Legislation”, in Vol. XXIII, No. 3 BarNotes (Spring 2009).
- “Provinces Differ on Condo Fund Study Requirements”, The Lawyers Weekly (February 27, 2009).
- “Comparison of Condominium Reserve Fund Study Requirements”, in Vol. 28, No. 39 The Lawyers Weekly (February 27, 2009).
- “Commercial Leases”, Real Estate in a Hot Market Seminar, Saskatchewan Legal Education Society (2008).