1500 Hill Center I
1874 Scarth Street
Regina SK S4P 4E9
Bob Kasian has broad experience in commercial and residential real estate. His areas of expertise include contract drafting, property acquisitions and dispositions, leasing and secured lending. Bob’s clients include developers, financial institutions, property owners, pension funds, private lenders and investors.
Bob regularly represents clients on matters related to the development, acquisition and financing of farm land, condominiums, office buildings, industrial properties, apartment complexes, condominium projects, hotel properties, assisted-care facilities, and other commercial properties in Saskatchewan.
- Counsel for the purchaser of a $40 million office tower in Regina.
- Saskatchewan counsel for the purchaser of two major Saskatchewan shopping centres.
- Saskatchewan counsel for a Real Estate Investment Trust on the purchase and financing of various office and commercial buildings with an aggregate purchase price of over $50 million.
- Represented an anchor tenant in the negotiation of a 40,000 square foot office lease in an office tower to be constructed.
- Saskatchewan counsel for a Real Estate Investment Trust on the acquisition and financing of a retail shopping centre in Saskatoon for a purchase price of $185 million.
- Counsel for a developer on the acquisition, financing and development of multiple assisted living residences having an aggregate value of approximately $223 million.
- Counsel to a lender providing a $30 million credit facility to a publicly traded mining company secured principally by the borrower's mineral holdings.
- Counsel for the vendor of a $50 million Class A office tower in Saskatoon.
- Counsel for the purchaser on the purchase and financing of a multi-residential complex in Saskatoon for $19 million.
- Saskatchewan counsel for a natural resource company on a $12 million private equity financing secured by borrower’s mineral holdings.
- Counsel for a developer in the acquisition of a portfolio of apartment buildings in Saskatoon, North Battleford and Regina and the subsequent conversion of the buildings into condominiums having an aggregate value of approximately $40 million.
- Office of Public Registry Administration – Member, Legal Advisory Committee (since 2013)
- Regina Chamber of Commerce – Director (since 2013)
- Regina Trades & Skills Centre – Director (since 2012)
- Information Services Corporation of Saskatchewan – Member, Legal Advisory Committee (since 2011)
- Law Society of Saskatchewan, Real Estate Committee – Member (since 2010)
- Canadian Condominium Institute, North Saskatchewan Chapter – Director (2008-2011)
- CBA Saskatchewan BarNotes – Editorial Board (2007-2011)
Papers & Presentations
- "Title Insurance in Real Estate Transactions", Focus on Real Estate, Law Society of Saskatchewan (October, 2012).
- "Investing in Farmland", Global Ventures Vol. 3, No. 4 (July/August, 2011).
- “Acquiring Surface Rights Under The Surface Rights Acquisition and Compensation Act”, in BarNotes Vol. XXIV, No. 3 (Spring 2010).
- “Recent Developments in Condominium Law”, Real Estate Institute of Saskatchewan, Annual General Meeting (2010).
- “Foreign Ownership Restrictions Under The Saskatchewan Farm Security Act”, Canadian Bar Association, Business Law North Subsection (2010).
- “Liability of Property Owners Under Saskatchewan Environmental Legislation”, in Vol. XXIII, No. 3 BarNotes (Spring 2009).
- “Provinces Differ on Condo Fund Study Requirements”, The Lawyers Weekly (February 27, 2009).
- “Comparison of Condominium Reserve Fund Study Requirements”, in Vol. 28, No. 39 The Lawyers Weekly (February 27, 2009).
- “Commercial Leases”, Real Estate in a Hot Market Seminar, Saskatchewan Legal Education Society (2008).
Saskatchewan Bar (2005)
British Columbia Bar (2001)
LL.B. (Saskatchewan, 2000)
B.A. with Honours (Saskatchewan, 1997)
- Friday Apr 10th 2015 Bob Kasian Discusses the Purchase and Sale of Revenue Properties