1500 Saskatoon Square
410 22nd Street East
Saskatoon SK S7K 5T6
Rangi advises proponents on federal and provincial environmental assessments, fisheries, water and contaminated sites issues. He has advised clients on environmental compliance, environmental permitting, environmental due diligence and Aboriginal law issues. He has experience addressing the application of environmental law on Aboriginal lands, including issues related to the construction and operation of a northern route gas pipeline in the MacKenzie Valley.
Rangi advises clients on regulatory issues in de-regulated and regulated natural gas and electricity industries. Rangi has also acted in general rate applications and hearings for the approval of power plants, market rule objections, transmission lines, oil facilities, and other regulatory matters.
Rangi has appeared extensively before courts and administrative tribunals including the Alberta Utilities Commission, Energy Resources Conservation Board, the Alberta Environmental Appeals Board, the Northwest Territories' Public Utilities Board, National Energy Board, Joint Review Panels, Agri-food Appeal Board, the Alberta Court of Queen's Bench, the Alberta Court of Appeal, the Saskatchewan Court of Queen’s Bench, the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Canada and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Rangi also advises Aboriginal communities on environmental, land, resource, membership, constitutional rights and jurisdictional matters. He has litigated specific claims before applicable tribunals, and advised First Nation and other clients on constitutional law issues.
Papers & Presentations
- “Petroleum Contaminated Sites”, Saskatchewan Oil and Gas Forum (Insight, 2009).
- “Managing Environmental Regulatory Factors”, MLT Construction Law Seminar (2008).
- "Watered Down: Issues Surrounding Water Use, Legislation and Policy in Southern Alberta" (with Clayton Leonard), in Environmental Law: The Year in Review 2007, ed. S. Berger and D. Saxe (Canada Law Book: Aurora Ontario: 2008).
Awards & Distinctions
- Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada – Energy Regulatory Law (since 2011)
- Named one of Canada's Leading Lawyers in The Canadian Lexpert Legal Directory – Aboriginal Law