1500 Saskatoon Square
410 22nd Street East
Saskatoon SK S7K 5T6
Naheed Bardai has represented clients on contractual issues, professional liability claims, tort claims and claims for breach of fiduciary duty. He has acted on behalf of mines, railways, condominiums, builders, businesses, individuals and insurers. Naheed has appeared and conducted hearings before courts in Saskatchewan, Ontario and Alberta. He has represented clients before numerous levels of court including provincial courts, Courts of Queen's Bench and the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal.
Naheed has significant experience in the area of condominium law. He has prepared and reviewed management agreements, bylaws, construction contracts, telecommunications arrangements, leases and insurance contracts. Naheed has represented condominium corporations before courts and tribunals on bylaw enforcement, building deficiency claims, directors and officers liability matters, lien claims, property loss claims and municipal matters.
- Counsel for an investment advisor in a claim involving defamation, employment law issues, contempt of court, abuse of public office and unlawful interference with economic interests.
- Counsel for a condominium corporation in a claim involving bylaw interpretation and enforcement.
- Counsel for a prominent builder in a lien dispute matter.
- Counsel for individual home owners in construction deficiency claims.
- Counsel for a major railway in derailment claims.
- Counsel for property owners and insureds in occupier's liability claims.
- Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association – President
- Canadian Condominium Institute (Northern Saskatchewan) – Past President
- Junior Achievement Saskatchewan – Director (since 2007)
- Ismaili Counsel for the Prairies – Vice-Chair of Legal Affairs
- United Way Saskatoon Professions Division – Volunteer
Papers & Presentations
- Fiduciary Duties of Boards, Canadian Condominium Institute Spring Conference – Presenter (2012).
- Queen's Bench Rules Seminar, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association Conference – Co-Chair (2011).
- "Condominium Law Issues", CBA Saskatchewan Mid-Winter Meeting – with Ashley Smith (2010).
- “What Do I Need to Know When Buying a Condo?”, Condo Voice Magazine, May 2010.
- “Consent, Capacity and Record Keeping”, Saskatchewan Paediatric Residents’ Conference (2010).
- Planning for Success: Critical Steps in the Litigation Process, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association Conference (Co-Chair, May 2010).
- “How Does the Limitations Act Affect Possible Amendments to Pleadings?”, The Saskatchewan Advocate, September 2008, Volume 10, Issue 3.
- “Who Pays After Damage?”, Condo Voice Magazine, November 2008.
- “Saskatchewan’s New Limitations Act” (February, 2005).