1500 Saskatoon Square
410 22nd Street East
Saskatoon SK S7K 5T6
Kevin Wilson, Q.C.
Kevin Wilson is a management-side labour lawyer who advises unionized and non-union clients on all aspects of labour and employment law. Kevin works with employers to implement policies and procedures to minimize the risk of workplace disruptions, and provides advice on human resource management issues such as safety, workplace discipline and harassment. Kevin has appeared numerous times before courts, labour relations boards, boards of arbitration and other administrative tribunals on behalf of union and non-union employers. He is a frequent speaker on labour law and human rights law in western Canada.
- Canadian Industrial Relations Association, Organizing Committee to Establish a Saskatoon Chapter – Member
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers – Former Treasurer and Founding SK Director
- O’Briens Encyclopedia of Forms, Employment and Labour Relations Volume (Toronto: Canada Law Book) – Former Contributing Editor
- Canadian Bar Association (National Branch) Annual Administrative and Labour Law CLE Conference – Co-Chair (Ottawa, 1999)
- Canadian Bar Association, National Labour and Employment Law Subsection – Former Chair (1999-2001); Vice-Chair (1997-1999); Treasurer (1995-1997)
- Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan (North), Administrative and Labour Law Section – Former Chair and Vice-Chair
Papers & Presentations
- "Labour law Update", Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (Vancouver).
- "Recent Developments in the Law Concerning Federal vs. Provincial Labour Jurisdiction", co-authored and presented at The Canadian Bar Association National Labour Law Conference (Winnipeg).
- "Tax Issues of Wrongful Dismissal", panelist at the Canadian Bar Association National Annual General Meeting.
- "Top Human Rights Cases in Canada", International Personnel Management Association.
- "Occupational Health and Safety in Saskatchewan", Lorman Education Services.
- "Progressive Discipline for Supervisors and Stewards", Centre for Labour-Management Development (Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon and Regina).
- "Discipline and Discharge in the Unionized Workplace", Centre for Labour-Management Development (Winnipeg, Edmonton and Saskatoon).
- "Human Resource Management Issues", First Nations Financial Officers Association.
- "The Employer’s Perspective on the Duty to Accommodate", Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union Conference (Regina).
- "Multiple Forums for Litigation of Labour Issues", Saskatchewan Legal Education Society Inc. (Regina and Saskatoon).
- "The Implications of the Supreme Court of Canada decision in Wallace v. U.G.G.", Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan Branch Mid-Winter Meeting (Regina).
- "Human Rights Issues in the Workplace", Saskatchewan Legal Education Society Inc. (Regina and Saskatoon).
- "Labour Mediation and Arbitration", University of Saskatchewan, College of Law.
- "Discipline and Termination of Employees", Saskatchewan Association of Rehabilitation Centres Managers' Conference.
- Diefenbaker for the Defence, Kevin Wilson and Garrett Wilson (Toronto: James Lorimar and Co., 1988).
Awards & Distinctions
- One of Benchmark Canada's "Local Litigation Stars"
- Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada – Labour and Employment Law (since 2010)
- Named one of Canada's Leading Lawyers in The Canadian Lexpert Legal Directory – Employment Law (Management); Workplace Human Rights (since 2011)
- Lexis-Nexis / Martindale-Hubbell – "BV Peer Review Rated"
- Appointed Queen's Counsel (2009)
Saskatchewan Bar (1989)
LL.B. (Saskatchewan, 1988)
B.Comm. (Saskatchewan, 1985)
- Monday Apr 29th 2013 Kevin Wilson and Jean Torrens to Present at Accommodation Law Conference
- Wednesday Apr 17th 2013 Benchmark Canada Guide Rates MLT and Lawyers Among Saskatchewan's Leaders