1500 Saskatoon Square
410 22nd Street East
Saskatoon SK S7K 5T6
Doug Osborn focuses on commercial lending and business acquisitions. He acts for diverse commercial lenders – banks, private financiers, trust companies, credit unions and life insurance companies – across the entire spectrum of lending – term debt, real estate, operating credits and equity financing. His lending experience spans transactions ranging from small business loans to financing and sale arrangements worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Doug has acted on all types of acquisitions – share transactions, asset transactions, mergers, reorganization – in various industries.
- Lead counsel for the lender in the refinancing, restructuring and subsequent expansion of one of Western Canada's largest food processors, a series of transactions involving US interests in addition to local shareholders.
- Lead counsel on the acquisition of two large-scale poultry operations.
- Counsel to the vendors in the $42 million sale of an engineering operation.
- Lead Saskatchewan counsel for the lender in the $65 million financing of a large livestock operation.
- Lead Saskatchewan counsel in the sale of a potash mine operation.
- Saskatchewan Ronald McDonald House Expansion Capital Campaign 2012 – Co-Chair
- Saskatchewan Ronald McDonald House – President (2007-2008; 1999-2000) Director (since 1996)
- World Junior Hockey Championships – Director Team Hosts (2009-2010; 1990-1991)
- Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce – Director (2004-2008)
- Riverside Country Club – President (1999); Director (1995-2000)
Papers & Presentations
- "Contract Drafting: Common Mistakes and How to Avoid Them", Contract Drafting Essentials (Law Society of Saskatchewan, 2012).
- "Business Purchase and Sale Agreements: Points on Structure and Content", Saskatchewan Legal Education Society Inc. (2007).
- "Practice Points for Business Purchase Transactions" Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan Branch, Mid-Winter Meeting (2005).
Awards & Distinctions
- Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada – Banking and Finance (since 2012)
- Lexis-Nexis / Martindale-Hubbell – "BV Peer Review Rated"
Saskatchewan Bar (1985)
LL.B. (Saskatchewan, 1984)
B.A. (Saskatchewan, 1981)
- Wednesday May 15th 2013 Doug Osborn and Gerry Grandey Conclude Successful Ronald McDonald House Capital Campaign