1500 Hill Center I
1874 Scarth Street
Regina SK S4P 4E9
Don Wilson, Q.C.
Managing Partner Regina
Don Wilson has been Managing Partner of MLT since January 2002, but continues his broadly-based corporate and commercial practice with emphasis on project development, corporate financing, acquisitions, secured transactions and corporate governance. Don has acted as counsel for the formation, organization and operation of a number of government and industry sponsored mega-projects in the mining, oil and gas, steel, commodity and heavy equipment industries.
Don has advised borrowers on project and operating capital financings of various sizes involving lenders in both the Canadian and US markets. He is experienced in matters of corporate restructuring, refinancing, and the acquisition and disposal of commercial assets, and has completed many syndicated financing arrangements.
Don has worked closely with, and has served on, a number of public, private and not-for-profit boards and other governing bodies, recommending best practices for effective governance and oversight, efficient process, proper due diligence, regulatory compliance, and meeting reporting and disclosure requirements.
Don has extensive experience as Secretary/Counsel to Boards of Directors of various public and private companies including Saskatchewan Potash Producers Association Inc.
- Counsel on Saskferco Products LLC $1.6 billion sale to Yara International ASA (named the 2008 Canadian Inbound Acquisition of the Year by Lexpert Magazine).
- Counsel to IPSCO Inc. on the development of its Iowa and Alabama steel facilities and the Canadian bank syndicated and US private placement loan facilities to finance the construction of these facilities.
- Counsel to SaskPower Corporation on a number of power purchase agreements with private sector developers of various cogeneration and stand alone power generation facilities in Saskatchewan.
- Counsel to Crown Investments Corporation of Saskatchewan on its 50% investment in the NewGrade Energy Inc heavy oil upgrader in Regina and the disposition of that interest for $386 million, and for the Canadian and US public and private government guaranteed financings for that project totalling in excess of $500 million.
- Hospitals of Regina Foundation – Chair
Awards & Distinctions
- Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate Governance; Corporate Law (since 2006)
- Named one of Canada's Leading Lawyers in The Canadian Lexpert Legal Directory – Corporate Commercial Law (since 2003)
- Lexis-Nexis / Martindale-Hubbell – "AV Peer Review Rated"
- Appointed Queen's Counsel (1998)
Saskatchewan Bar (1978)
LL.B. (Saskatchewan, 1977)