1500 Saskatoon Square
410 22nd Street East
Saskatoon SK S7K 5T6
Dan Anderson provides legal and strategic business advice to corporations, joint ventures, partnerships and other business organizations in the natural resources and financial services sectors. Dan is counsel to two of the world's leading uranium mining and exploration corporations, a number of the world's largest potash exploration, development and mining companies, one of the world's two largest potash marketing and logistics organizations, and Saskatchewan’s leading gold exploration and production company. He has led numerous securities and other transactions for gold and other mineral mining and exploration entities, and has developed significant experience with international joint venture arrangements for companies in the natural resources sector.
Dan has acted on a number of significant corporate transactions, including numerous public and private equity and debt offerings, public and private company mergers, take-over bids, joint venture arrangements, and corporate and joint venture restructurings. He has experience with the TSX, TSX Venture and other stock exchanges.
Dan has provided Competition Act compliance advice on a number of significant transactions, including mergers. His experience includes preparing notifications to the Competition Bureau and drafting arguments in support of applications for no action letters and advance ruling certificates from the Commissioner of Competition.
Ongoing counsel to Cameco Corporation on various uranium joint venture and other matters.
Ongoing counsel to AREVA Resources Canada Inc. on various uranium joint venture and other matters.
- Canadian counsel to Canpotex Limited on the issue of $140 million in senior unsecured notes, raised primarily to finance port terminal expansion costs and railcar maintenance and staging facility construction costs.
- Ongoing legal advisor to Canpotex Limited.
Ongoing legal advisor to Claude Resources Inc. on various gold exploration, development and mining matters.
Ongoing counsel to Rallyemont Energy Inc. on various oil and gas exploration and development matters.
- Ongoing legal advisor to Pacific & Western Credit Corp. and Pacific & Western Bank of Canada.
- Ongoing legal advice to First Nations Bank of Canada.
- Competition Act advice to Saskferco Products LLC on $1.6 billion sale to Yara International ASA (named the 2008 Canadian Inbound Acquisition of the Year by Lexpert Magazine).
- Lecturer in Natural Resources Law, University of Saskatchewan, College of Law
- PrimeWest Mortgage Investment Corporation – Director (since 2009)
- Royal University Hospital Foundation – Director (2006-2012)
- Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce – Former President and Director
Papers & Presentations
- "Director and Officer Liability", Institute of Corporate Directors (2009, 2010).
- "Corporate Governance 101", Canadian Corporate Counsel Association, Fall and Spring Training Camps (2009, 2010).
- "Drafting Tips Related to Common Contractual Provisions", Insight (2005).
- "Corporate Governance", Saskatchewan Legal Education Society Inc. (2004).
Awards & Distinctions
- Ranked Among Canada's Tier 1 Lawyers by Chambers Global (based on experience in Resource Development, 2013)
- Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate Law; Mergers & Acquisitions; Securities Law; Structured Finance Law (since 2010)
- Named one of Canada's Leading Lawyers in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory – Corporate Commercial Law
- Lexis-Nexis / Martindale-Hubbell – "BV Peer Review Rated"
Saskatchewan Bar (1984)
Post Graduate Studies (Queen's, 1984-1985)
LL.B. with Distinction (Saskatchewan, 1983)
B.A. in Economics with Distinction (Saskatchewan, 1983)
- Thursday Mar 14th 2013 Dan Anderson Recognized Among Canada's Best by Chambers Global