1500 Hill Center I
1874 Scarth Street
Regina SK S4P 4E9
Brian Kenny, Q.C.
Brian Kenny’s practice focus is on management-side labour and employment law, and defending professional negligence actions. Brian acts most frequently for dentists, accountants, engineers and architects, and advises employers on human resource management, occupational health and safety, collective bargaining, union certification, and union-management relations. He has negotiated collective agreements for both private and public sector employers.
Brian has appeared before all levels of court in Saskatchewan and makes regular appearances before labour relations boards, labour arbitrators, human rights tribunals and professional disciplinary bodies. He has conducted and acted as employer nominee to labour arbitrations, and has acted as a Hearing Officer under The Saskatchewan Police Act.
- Acted for several years as General Counsel to Saskatchewan Public Service Commission.
- Counsel and chief negotiator for the Regina Police Service.
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers – President (2010/11); Treasurer (2008/09); Director (since 2006)
- Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce – ABEX Awards Committee Member (2002, 2006)
- Executive Employment Quarterly – Editorial Board (since 2000)
- Canadian Institute for the Administration of Justice – Member (since 2006)
- Regina Food Bank – Volunteer (since 1990)
Papers & Presentations
- Regular presenter at provincial and national seminars and conferences on labour and employment law.
- Canadian Employment Law Today, “Ask an Expert” Columnist (since 2000).
Awards & Distinctions
- One of Benchmark Canada's "Local Litigation Stars" (since 2012)
- Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada – Director and Officer Liabilitiy; Labour and Employment Law (since 2006)
- Named one of Canada's Leading Lawyers in The Canadian Lexpert Legal Directory – Labour Relations (Management); Employment Law (Management); Occupational Health & Safety (since 2003)
- Lexis-Nexis / Martindale-Hubbell – "BV Peer Review Rated"
- Appointed Queen's Counsel (2003)