For nearly 75 years, Canadian, American and European insurers and reinsurers have looked to MLT for coverage advice and the defence of claims relating to motor vehicle, general and professional liability, property, disability, life and travel insurance policies, as well as surety and fidelity bonds.
We assist our clients in the following areas:
- Defending liability claims on behalf of insureds, from catastrophic and complex claims to small court actions;
- Professional errors & omissions;
- Complex class actions;
- Construction, business interruption, professional malpractice, product liability, premises liability and oil & gas liability claims;
- Providing coverage opinions on general liability, motor vehicle, commercial property, errors & omissions, directors & officers and manuscript forms of all descriptions;
- Policy drafting;
- Appeal opinions and conduct of appeals at all levels;
- Transportation and cargo claims;
- Prosecuting subrogated claims;
- Defending insurers against claims for coverage and allegations of bad faith;
- Boiler and machinery claims;
- Legal opinions on tort and contract liability as well as the impact of new and proposed legislation on claims practices;
- Arbitrations involving coverage disputes between multiple insurance policies;
- Extensive knowledge of Saskatchewan’s unique no-fault motor vehicle insurance system;
- Motor vehicle liability and injury claims defence at all levels of complexity.
- Bautz v. Advantage Credit Union, 2011 SK QB 215, an action for negligence or breach of contract on a disputed insurance policy.
- Insurance Company of Pennsylvania et al. v. Global Aerospace, 2010 SKCA 96. An action to determine whether claims for indemnities by co-insurers on a paid out claim were barred by statute or a claim of estoppel.
- de Balinhard v. Butler Byers Hail Insurance Ltd., 2010 SK PC 13, disputing insurance coverage relating to hail.
- 601260 Saskatchewan Inc. v. ING Insurance Company of Canada, 2008 SK QB 470, a dispute over the interpretation of a commercial insurance contract and duty to defend.
- Wednesday Apr 17th 2013 Benchmark Canada Guide Rates MLT and Lawyers Among Saskatchewan's Leaders